- 1 pound ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (Kevin used taco seasoning)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 10-ounce cans of Rotel tomatoes (Kevin used diced fresh tomatoes and chopped up a poblano pepper)
- 2 cans of beef broth (we used chicken broth)
- Brown meat and drain.
- Add garlic, onions, cumin, and chili powder.
- Let the spices soak in while you dice up an eight ounce block of cream cheese. Add in the cream cheese and use the back of a wooden spoon to mash it into the meat. You can use a metal or plastic spoon, but the cream cheese will not stick to the wooden spoon as much.
- When the cream cheese completely coats the meat, add in Rotel tomatoes, and beef broth
Stir well and bring ingredients to a boil.
- Add salt if needed.
Would be good served with tortilla chips, but I just ate the soup.
Crockpot: I think this would be great in a crockpot too. Just throw in all the ingredients and come back later.