Iced & Spiced Green Tea
- Makes two pitchers
- Four tablespoons of your favorite kind of long leaf green tea. (I have a few, but I like the Imperial, and it’s usually very affordable.)
- Two bags of aromatic herbal “infusion.” (Technically, anything that doesn’t have tea leaves in it is an infusion, and not a tea. All this is for is to add some yummy flavors. I am partial to the Taizo Baked Apple, but you can use anything you like. Floral and fruity blends play well with everything else here.)
- Two 3-4″ cinnamon sticks. (Buy in bulk on the Amazons!)
- One “thumb” (about a two inch piece) of fresh ginger, sliced thinly.
- Another “thumb” of fresh turmeric root, also sliced thinly. (Not turmeric powder.)
- Two level measuring teaspoons of stevia extract. (This is my taste, it may not be yours. Also, be aware that different brands of stevia sweeten differently.)
- Timer. (Not for eating.)
- Place the cinnamon, ginger, turmeric root and stevia in a medium pot, and fill with water.
- Bring this to a boil.
- As soon as the water begins to boil, toss in your loose tea and herbal infusion.
- Set timer for five minutes.
- When time is up, remove from heat, and strain your tea evenly, into two pitchers.
- Fill the remainder of the pitchers with water, and refrigerate.