Fettucine Walnut Alfredo
- 1 cup of walnuts (or 1/4 pinenuts and 3/4 cup of walnuts)
- Two small cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons of fresh parsley (or basil)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup hot water
- Place nuts into food processor with garlic until it’s chopped well
- Add parsley, salt, and olive oil
- Process again until it’s starting to turn into a paste
- Add hot water slowly while processing until it it nice and smooth. Add more water for thinner sauce. Less for thicker sauce. You may need to stop to scrape down the sides of your bowl and continue to process to get it all smooth.
- Toss with cooked pasta that has been drained.
- Keeps up to a week in the fridge
- If you feel that your pasta is a bit dry, you can add a little bit of your cooking water from the pasta.