Raw Ranch Type Dressing/Dip
- 1 1/2 cups nuts (cashew, macadamia, walnuts or combo) soak them for a creamier dressing (1-2 hrs is fine, then drain)
- 3/4 – 1 cup filtered water for blending
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (translates into approx 1/2 lemon)
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoon dill
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 cup finely minced parsley
Vitamix (or blender) blend all ingredients till creamy and smooth. Thickens in fridge. Thin to desired consistency if using as a dressing- or toss into wet lettuce leaves as is.
- This yields quite a bit of dressing, so you might want to consider halving the recipe.
- The original recipe called for 3 tablespoons of agave and apple cider vinegar instead of regular vinegar. The dressing was so sweet we couldn’t eat it. You may want to sweeten it up a bit.
- I also found that a little extra olive oil would work well if using walnuts instead of the cashews. Just taste and blend.