Dixie Dum Dums
These are the cookies that Kevin’s grandmother and sister made for our wedding. They are a family tradition. They were great, but taste even better when you aren’t stressed from the activity of getting married. And they are even better years later after you have grown to love your sister and grandmother. Thanks sisser! I love you!
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 5 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of chopped nuts
- Prehead oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add water, vanilla and flour.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Roll into balls (about a tablespoon)
- Place on ungreased chookie sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Remove from pan and cool slightly
- Put a few in a bag with powdered sugar and shake gently to coat. Repeat with rest of cookies.