I have had people say that they don’t like lasagna and like this one. Really simple too. Works great with meat eaters or as a vegetarian lasagna.
• 1.5 lbs. of meat
• 1 clove garlic – minced
• salt & pepper to taste
• 1 T sugar
• 2 T butter
• 2 15 oz cans of tomato sauce
• 8 oz lasagna noodles
• 3 oz Cream cheese
• 1 cup sour cream
• Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Melt butter. Brown meat, garlic, salt and pepper in butter. Add sugar and tomatosauce and simmer for 18 minutes.
- Cook noodles and set aside.
- Mix cream cheese and sour cream.
- Take a 9” x 13” pan and put a little sauce in bottom to keep noodles from sticking. Layer Noodles, cheese, meat sauce. Layer twice or until noodles are gone.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- I’ve used beef, buffalo, turkey, and substituted veggies (like mushrooms, squash, and eggplant) for the meat.
- I will also sometimes add a can of diced tomatoes to the sauce. Or you can cheat and use a jar of spaghetti sauce instead of making your own. It’s not quite as good as making it from scratch, but is really good and speeds up the recipe. Classico is a good non/sweet brand to use.
- I love garlic and usually add several cloves instead of just one.
- You can use any kind of cheese of course, but somehow the cheddar is REALLY good on this. Different, but great! But, use whatever you have on hand.