Gelatin Fish Food Recipe
My fish go crazy for this. It’s great because you can get them all the different types of food easily.
- 1/4 cup ground fish food (whatever kinds you want: prepared, algae, peas, zucchini, etc.)
- 1/2 cup hot water (Alternate: 1 jar of baby food, like peas and add water to make 1/2 a cup total.)
- 1 packet of Knox gelatin
- Grind up selected foods
- Add 1 pack of gelatin to ground food
- Microwave 1/2 cup of water/baby food until hot (1 minute in my microwave)
- Mix the powdered food/gelatin mix to to the hot water.
- Pour into container so it is about a 1/2 thick. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour stirring occasionally till it starts to set to avoid food from settling.
- Cut into cubes. Keeps in refrigerator for 1-2 weeks, or you can freeze.
Here is youtube video of someone else making it.