When we lived in Guam we were introduced to pancit, a simple dish from the Philippines. Yummy!
- 6 oz of pancit noodles (rice sticks)
- 1 Tablespoon of oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped/minced)
- 1 package of ground meat (we use buffalo or turkey)
- 1/2 a cabbage (grated)
- 3-4 carrots (grated)
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce (Silver Swan is our favorite)
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- Water or chicken broth (optional)
- Soak dry noodles in warm water until soft. Break into smaller pieces if desired.
- Sauté oil, onion, and garlic until onion is translucent in a large pan.
- Add meat, cabbage, carrots, soy sauce, and pepper to pan. Cook until cabbage is soft.
- Drain softened noodles and add to pan. Mix. If you like a moister/wetter pancit add a little chicken broth or water. You can season at the table with additional soy sauce.
This is a base recipe. You can add all kinds of other ingredients to it like mushrooms, shrimp, spring onions, etc. if desired.