Kevin’s Awesome® Blackened Fish Filets
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix it up. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Hard, right?
Directions for Fish
- Brine filets in 1 teaspoon of salt to one cup of water in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Shake dry, and coat liberally with seasoning mix.
- (Directions for my oven.) Space filets on broiler pan to place directly beneath elements, and put rack on the second to top slot.
- From a cold oven, broil on low 5 minutes on the first side, and 2 on the other. Freaking awesome.