Kevin’s Awesome® Turkey Breast
- 1.5 gallons of cold water
- 1.5 cup kosher salt
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of sherry
- 6-8 pound turkey breast
- Black pepper
- Marinate turkey breast in marinate for 5-8 hours.
- Place in rack pan hollow side down.
- Rub softened butter and black pepper under skin and brush melted button on top. Pour generous amount (1.5 – 2 cups) of the marinade into pan under the rack.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn pan 180 degrees and cook for 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 325 degrees and cook for 30 – 45 minutes.
- When done flip the breast over (hollow side up) and let rest 20 minutes before carving.