Homemade Playdough Recipe
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 teaspoons of cream of tarter
- 1/3 cup of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Food coloring (optional)
- Add ingredients to small saucepan
- Turn your burner on medium/low and stir. It will be a little lumpy and that’s fine.
- Before it starts getting thick (this is going to happen fast, so be ready) you want to add whatever color Food Coloring you want. If it gets to thick before you add it, it’s hard to get an even color. Add the color and stir!
- Keep stirring and scraping, it is going to start thickening up. This could take anywhere from 30-seconds to 2-minutes depending on how hot your pan/stove is.
- Once you notice the dough isn’t wet anymore, take it out of the pot.
- Put the dough on some wax paper and allow to cool (30 minutes or so). Then take the ball in your hands and knead for a few seconds (like 30 seconds).
- Store in a zip-lock bag or airtight container IN THE FRIDGE.
- It shouldn’t dry out, but if you notice it getting a bit dry you can add a few drops of water and knead that into the dough. You can also add a drop or 2 of scented essential oil to make the playdough smell great!