“Jammy” Soy Sauce/Ramen Eggs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Mirin
- 1 slice of ginger (or grate a little bit)
- 2 Eggs
Mix ingredients in small dish or tall glass. Set aside.
- Put enough water in a pan to cover two eggs and bring to a boil.
- Take your raw eggs and pierce the large end to make a little hole in each with an egg piercer or a sharp knife. (This helps the egg be round vs have a flat spot. Optional)
- Put eggs in boiling water for 7 minutes. Stir for the first two minutes. (Stirring helps center yolk while cooking. Don’t worry if they crack a bit)
- Prepare an ice water bath for eggs
- When your 7 minutes is up, put eggs in ice bath for 1-2 minutes (This stops the cooking)
- Peel eggs and place in marinade for 4 hours or overnight. (If you put something on top of the eggs to keep them submerged they will be evenly stained by the marinade)
If you want your eggs to be warm when you are ready to eat them, you can dip them in boiling water for 5-10 seconds or submerge them in your soup.