My friend Rebecca Yarbrough gave me this recipe and it was really good. Can be frozen.
- 2lb hamburger meat
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cans pinto beans with liquid
- 1 can plain tomatoes, chopped with liquid
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with chilies, chopped with liquid
- 1-2 packages of taco seasoning mix (if it has salt in it, taste as you go to make sure it isn’t too salty or spicy. Brands can differ.)
- 2 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- Brown meat with onion and drain.
- Add remaining ingredients and enough water so that final consistency suits your idea of “soup”.
- Simmer 1-1.5 hours