Refrigerator Dill Pickles
Found on: www.annies-eats.com
These are super easy to make and very tasty. More like a Claussen pickle.
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3-4 medium-large cucumbers
- 3 cups water
- 6 tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 3 tbsp. kosher salt
- Add 1 minced or pressed clove of garlic and a few springs of dill to the bottom of each jar.
- Cut the cucumbers into spears or whatever shape you like. Add the spears to the jars, packing in as many as you can without having to force them in.
- In a large container, combine the water, vinegar, and salt. Stir well until the salt is dissolved. I throw mine all in the Vitamix for a bit.
- Pour the mixture into each jar over the cucumber spears so they are completely covered.
- Top with an additional few sprigs of dill, if desired.
- Screw on the lids of the jars.
- Repeat with remaining cucumbers, making additional brine as needed.
- Refrigerate for two days. Continue to store in refrigerator.
NOTE: If you use regular salt they will be too salty. If this happens, just replace some of the brine with water and toss back in the fridge for a day.