Curried Chick Peas
I got this recipe from some of our favorite relatives, Pat and Leon. They brought this to Thanksgiving and we just loved it!
Spiced raisins and cranberries
- Handful of golden raisins
- Handful of dried cranberries
- Anise seed
- In a small saucepan bring a little water to a simmer and add a heaping teaspoon of any/all spices above. You can also use Chinese 5 Spice (from Penzey’s).
- Add raisins and cranberries and turn off heat to soak.
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cans of garbanzo beans (rinsed)
- Good handful of golden raisins (plumped in spiced water)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sauté curry powder, garlic in oil (if using green peppers, sauté them as well).
- Add beans and salt and heat through. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spiced raisins.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Can be served hot, room temperature, or chilled.
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet green peppers