Tofu Key Lime Pie
Orginal Coconut Cream Pie recipe by Toni Fiore at DeliciousTV.com. We just love her stuff! Sweet, light, vegan, and practically guilt-free, this pie is absolutely delicious.
For the crust:
- 1 pkg. graham crackers (12-14 crackers – this is usually one of the wax paper wrapped blocks of crackers)
- 2 T. sugar
- 6 T. vegan margarine
For the filling:
- 1 14-oz. package firm tofu, drained and rinsed
- ¼ c. light brown sugar (very lightly packed) or pure cane sugar
- Juice of two limes
- Zest of two limes
- 1/8 t. Vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350. In a small pan, melt the margarine. In a food processor, process the crackers and sugar. Place the dry mixture in a bowl and drizzle in the melted margarine, mix well, and press into a 9 inch spring form pan. Bake the crust for 15 minutes, then remove it from the oven, and allow it cool.
- Zest your limes. Then juice them.
- In a food processor, purée the tofu until smooth. Add the sugar, zest, lime juice, and vanilla. Process on high for about 10 seconds, then pour the mixture into the pre-baked shell. Chill the pie for two hours, or overnight. This pie keeps for up to a week in the refrigerator – but it usually gets eaten long before that.
- This recipe may also be prepared in a square or rectangular pan and cut into individual squares for a great party treat.