Nanney’s Crockpot Stroganoff
This was Kevin’s granddad’s recipe as shared by sisser Kristy.
- 2 lbs. ground beef (or turkey)
- 4 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cans of sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup bouillon
- 3 tblsp. tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream mixed with 4 tblsp. flour
- 1/3 cup cooking wine (white or red)
- Brown ground beef in large skillet.
- Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Saute until onions are golden brown.
- Put in crock-pot with all remaining ingredients. Stir thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles or rice.