This is a basic quiche recipe. I love quiche. I had friends over one night and we were hungry and someone mentioned quiche. I had never made one before and looked up a few recipes online to get the basic idea and ratios down. I ended up having all the ingredients on hand and it turned out really well. It’s a great way to use leftovers.
- No Roll Pie crust (this one works really well, but you can use whatever kind you want)
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of milk (milk, half and half, cream, buttermilk, etc. )
- 1 cup of grated cheeses (Any mix of any kind, but I find that a mix included parmesan is really good)
- 2 cups total of sautéed vegetables/meat (Let your imagination and taste buds guide you. Spinach, mushrooms, and onions OR sausage and onions, etc. Anything with onions is highly recommended.)
- Butter or oil for sauteing vegetables
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Spices (you might also want to add other spices like cumin, curry, nutmeg, etc if it suits your recipe)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Make pie crust and set aside
- Sauté vegetables and meat in a little oil or butter.
- Stir in milk, salt, pepper, spices, and cheese.
- Pour vegetable mixture into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until quiche is brown.
Ideas for flavors
- Sausage, onion, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese
- Spinach, mushrooms, onion, swiss cheese, parmesan cheese
- Turkey, onion, garlic, curry powder, parmesan cheese
- Asparagus, broccoli, red pepper, parmesan cheese
- Crab meat, cheddar cheese, onion, green pepper
- Green chilies, feta cheese, sour creme, Monterey Jack cheese, onion
- Chopped tomatoes, basil
- Just look in your fridge for inspiration!