Kevin’s Awesome® Whole Breakfast Muffins
- 2 cups milk (Any kind, I use soy milk)
- 4 eggs (The chicken kind)
- salt and pepper to taste
- half a normal-sized, day old baguette, or a whole one of the skinny kind, cut up into half to three quarters inch cubes
- one cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- half a pound of ground sausage (I used chicken, but whatever you like the most)
- 1 package of pre-sliced mushrooms
- half an onion, coarsely chopped
In a medium to large bowl, beat eggs into milk, and toss in your cut up bread and shredded cheddar. Add your salt and pepper, then cover with a pot lid and put the whole thing in the fridge.
Get the oven preheating to 325〫now.
While your bread is soaking up all that eggy goodness, brown your sausage, (stir a bunch for lots of tiny bits) onions, and mushrooms. (I find it helps to let the meat cook a bit first before adding the veggies.) Once that’s done, take your bowl of egg and bread back out of the oven and add your sausage and veggies to it. Mix ’em up thoroughly. Grease a large muffin pan (I use spray-on canola) and spoon the completed mixture into the pan. These muffins won’t rise during cooking so don’t worry about leaving room, and it’s okay if you pile it a bit over the top.
Bake the muffins for 35 minutes, remove from oven, and eat ’em up!
I’ve been interested in trying some variations on this theme… cornbread instead of french bread, cherry tomatoes instead of mushrooms, that kind of thing, but I haven’t gotten to it just yet. I’ll let you know how those turn out!