This is really easy and very, very good!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (without sugar)
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle sauce (or chipotle peppers in adobo sauce) or to taste. We use the canned sauce.
- 2 pounds shredded cooked chicken meat
- 16 tostada shells
- Sour cream
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions; cook and stir until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree the tomatoes with chipotle peppers and adobo sauce to taste (we used 75% of the can, but could have used it all)
- Pour puree into the onions, and add chicken. Cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
To serve, mound the chicken onto tostada shells, and garnish with a dollop of sour cream.
NOTES: We like to spread the sour cream on the tostada shell first to make the chicken stick better. Really great as is, but would also be wonderful with typical taco toppings (lettuce, fresh tomatoes, etc)