Pasta with Chicken Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Minced garlic to taste (1 – 5 cloves)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 package of fresh sliced baby portabella mushrooms (or button)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 small can of petite diced tomatoes, drained (optional)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink, and juices run clear.
- Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes (if using)
- Gradually stir in cream.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Toss with cooked pasta until evenly coated.