Lemon Basil Pesto & Raw Zucchini Pasta
- 2 cups packed fresh basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼- ½ cup raw pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon zest
- 2 heaping tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¾-1 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 medium zucchini
- either sun-dried tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- In a food processor combine the garlic, basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and oil and process until smooth. Add pine nuts and nutritional yeast and process.
- If you are using non-organic zucchini peel them, if not just go ahead and spiralize all the zucchini or use a vegetable peeler. Use paper towels to blot the zucchini in order to remove some of the moisture.
- Plate the zucchini pasta and pesto with tomatoes and serve.